For queries related to employment opportunities at NAL,
Job vacancies, if any, will be listed below.
27 July 2018
Head of Audiology Research
Do you want to lead research in the next worldwide clinical audiology innovation and work in a dynamic hearing research environment?
The National Acoustic Laboratories (NAL) is seeking candidates to lead its Audiology Research Department. This person will manage a large audiology team and have responsibility for high-impact research into adult hearing loss. Research areas will cover novel diagnostics and outcome measures, hearing technologies, treatment pathways, hearing health guidelines and more. This person will be the international face of Audiology for NAL and will build research collaborations between NAL and both academic and industry organisations worldwide.
- Work closely with the Director of NAL and heads of the other departments to set research strategies.
- Develop and execute a portfolio of short- and long-term high-impact research projects.
- Provide audiology research leadership within NAL and to the international research community.
- An internationally known leading researcher in the field of Audiology with a track record of research that focuses on understanding the needs and solving problems of people with hearing loss.
- An inspiring leader to your team, who you guide in their projects and develop their careers.
- Someone who embraces innovation and is excited by challenging new ideas.
- Someone who likes to see results and get things done with efficiency and effectiveness.
This position is in Sydney, Australia. Click here for more details.
Send your enquiries and applications to email@example.com
13 August 2018
Permanent full-time position based in Macquarie University
For over 50 years, the National Acoustic Laboratories (the research division of Australian Hearing) has conducted and published world-renowned research into hearing, hearing loss prevention, hearing aids, and hearing rehabilitation.
We have a unique opportunity for a suitably qualified audiologist to join our Research division. Together we perform research and intervention for people with hearing difficulties.
Reporting to the Head of Audiology in Research, the successful candidate will liaise with consumer groups, stakeholders and families for specific research projects, and conduct day-to-day research-related activities such as hearing assessment and recruitment for research participants, data collection, checking and collation) to ensure the smooth running of projects to meet timelines. You will perform hearing assessment in accordance with research protocols and professional standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-graduate degree in Audiology
- Eligibility or membership with Audiology Australia
- Clinical experience in hearing assessment and rehabilitation
- Knowledge in two or more of the following areas: psychoacoustics of hearing, electrophysiological testing, hearing assessment and aural rehabilitation.
- Aptitude for adapting to new procedures
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with co-researchers
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Intermediate computer skills
- A current driver’s licence and willing to travel for work-related activities
Why work for Australian Hearing?
At Australian Hearing, our essence and purpose is to be caring and to have a positive impact on people’s lives. Everything we do reflects these values – out in the community and with our hearing centres across the country.
We are proud to be a White Ribbon Accredited Workplace, a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and also support Reconciliation Australia. Our staff rank us in the top quarter of employers in Australia (as per the independent employee engagement survey conducted by Aon Hewitt in 2016). A career with us is rewarding because you are helping others. In return for your hard work we offer a competitive salary and a range of great benefits.
To apply for this position, click here.